Patty Jenkins is officially no longer directing the god of thunders second installment, whilst the reasons to her unexpected departure are still unclear we can but speculate who will take over directing duties.
Marvel have certainly kept an open mind with the directors they have picked previously, so we thought we’d throw out a few suggestions for the replacement.
1. Duncan Jones – The director of Moon and Source Code could be very well suited to a big budget studio film.
2. Edgar Wright – Ok this might be a bit of a long shot but Scott Pilgrim showed he can do something different, and handle a bigger budget. He has the writing and visual flair to bring something unique to the franchise.
3. Kathryn Bigelow – The Oscar winning director can certainly handle action movies as her previous films include Strange Days, Point Break and The Hurt Locker. As Jenkins would of been the first female director in the series, it would be fitting for another strong female director to take over.
4. Darren Aronofsky – He very nearly made the Wolverine sequel but dropped out as it was too much of a time commitment. Whilst it’s highly unlikely he would be offered a project of this size again, it’s even more unlikely he would consider doing it.
5. David Fincher – This is a complete fanboy suggestion, he would be a very unusual choice but could bring something we’ve not seen before to the genre. Thor would likely be the wrong superhero film for Fincher, and he’s too A list to be a contender and I doubt it would appeal to him.
6. Peter Berg – The actor turned director has a couple of solid films under his belt, his debut ‘Very Bad Things’ showed promise and Hancock and The Kingdom proved he was a bankable director. However his next film is the big screen adaptation of the board game Battleship, which makes me sad as I don’t believe any director could make a good movie out of it.
Whoever gets the job will have to hit the ground running as Thor 2 is released November 15th 2013.
Who do you think should direct Thor 2?Pin It